Ah, the need is great. But we can dream and wish!
Financial contributions may be made to SF State University using this LINK. Be sure to choose Sierra Nevada Field Campus from the drop down menu!
or through the Friends of the SNFC (no processing fee is taken, all funds go to SNFC support)
Any angels out there? Naming opportunities abound.
Here is the list:
- New staff cabin roof ~ DONE! Thank you, Friends of the SNFC
- Women's bathroom remodel ~ DONE! Thank you, Friends of SNFC
- Men's bathroom upgrade ~ in process,nearly finished! Thank you, Friends of SNFC
- New outside decking off of dining hall ~ $8,000
- Shore up back dining hall wall for snow protection (ongoing, in process funded by UCorp)
- New tent platforms ~ $2,000 per platform
- New instructor sleeping cabin ~ $100,000+
- ADA compliance bathrooms on site
- New classroom space
- Campus interpretive signs, natural history collection, library
- New false floor (repair) downstairs to put lab space and bathrooms all on same level. Challenging due to steel door and framing between lab and bathrooms.
- Replacement or/reconstruction of inside stairway (Low priority)
- An exterior elevator, or dumbwaiter for kitchen staff
- Complete remodel of downstairs instruction space, including
- good lighting, windows, heat, tables & chairs, new wet laboratory, $75,000 (2020/21 Friends Campaign focus - please donate!)
- More robust wi-fi access - a dream indeed
- A backup generator, $1500
- New vehicles (replacement and/or additional) $20,000
- Bridge replacement $1,500,000