San Francisco State University’s Sierra Nevada Field Campus has been in existence since the 1950s. You would be hard pressed to find another place, possibly in the entire United States, that offers week long classes and workshops in science, art and nature education and more at such affordable rates! Classes combined with glamping under a Sierran sky with a top-notch kitchen willing to accommodate all diets is a rare find indeed! The comradery and new friendships that develop on campus is treasured by all.
Our buildings have historical value and we work closely with the Forest Service to maintain the look and ambience of the period in which they were built. The Field Campus operates on a modest budget with a tight staff for 3+ months each summer. Class fees, along with tent and meal reservation fees (discounted for enrolled college students), don’t entirely cover the expense load each season. The program relies on volunteers and donations from you to make up the difference.
How can you support the Field Campus?
- Spread the word! Tell your friends. Send out emails or social media posts about your positive experiences. Let us know about newsletters or other channels we can use to promote. The main goal is getting the word out and making sure people know they can come and join us!
- Donate to our Operating Fund! Be sure to choose "Sierra Nevada Field Campus" from the drop down menu. Donations will go toward supporting updating our facilities, supporting our personnel, purchasing needed supplies, and expanding our capacity to offer more opportunities at the field campus.
- Donate to our Scholarship Fund! Help us support students in need by contributing to our scholarship fund. No administrative fees will be deducted from your contribution and it is 100% tax deductible.
- Give through the Friends of the Sierra Nevada Field Campus! The Friends are a separate 501c3 that raises money to support the field campus. 100% of donations go directly to the field campus.
- Interested in giving in another way or giving a bigger gift? Just email the Director, Darrow Feldstein, at email@example.com
- On Instagram: @sierranevadafieldcampus
- On Facebook
Let us know what your skills are! We welcome any thing from hard labor to computer skills. If you are willing to give us your time, it is most likely we can find some work for you! Visit our volunteer page and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you all set up!